Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
Supports the Quanta Government Affairs team in advancing infrastructure deployment initiatives across the United States, with a keen focus on enhancing business opportunities across the enterprise. Acts as a trusted resource to relay market and political information from relevant sources. Engages with both Corporate HQ and Operating Unit personnel to demonstrate internal value of department.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/DUTIES:
- Aid in the research and analysis of legislative and regulatory policy impacts to organization (Corporate + OpUs), taking into account future opportunities and strategic growth targets.
- Assist in coordinating meetings with external consultants, public relations firms, lobbyists, trade associations, allied stakeholders, and others in building support for the company’s position with elected officials, government staff, and other opinion leaders.
- Monitor traditional media, social media, and policymaking entities to track key policy and regulatory developments.
- Assist with drafting communications to key personnel, including executive leadership, outlining the implications of proposed and current legislation and regulations.
- Interface with marketing and communications teams to ensure relevant company collateral is available for meetings.
- Represent the company in approved meetings and events, especially in Washington, D.C.
- Help compile input from Corporate Headquarters and Operating Companies to formulate and articulate the company’s positions on key issues.
- Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Energy or Environmental Policy, Law, Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to be self-motivated and to perform duties independently.
- Excellent project management and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary standards of integrity, ethics, quality, and productivity
- > 3 Years
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in the energy sector.
- Experience working in government or for a trade association.
- Strong working knowledge of important infrastructure policy priorities.
- > 6 Years
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- None required
- None preferred
Percent of time: 30%
Overnight required: Yes
If one-third of the time – “seldom” or “occasionally” If one-third to two-thirds of the time or more occasionally to frequently” If more than two-thirds of the time – “constantly”]
- Stationary Position – Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling/Reaching – N/A
- Climb – Seldom
- Kneel – N/A
- Grab – N/A
- Bend – N/A
- Lift/carry over – Less than 5 LBS
- Vision – 20/20 Corrected Vision
- Hearing – Receive detailed information if spoken to
- Wet or Humid – N/A
- Working near or on moving mechanical parts – N/A
- Working near or on heavy machinery – Seldom
- Working in high places – Seldom
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles – N/A
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals – N/A
- Frequency of working in outdoor weather conditions – N/A
- Work with Electricity – N/A
- Work with explosives – N/A
- Work on or near a source of radiation – N/A
- Loud noise conditions (above 87dB)- N/A
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities my change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Quanta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job posted: 2022-10-25