Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
We are adding a Government Affairs Manager to our team Hearth and Home Technologies team in Minneapolis, MN!
This is a new position that will represent Hearth and Home Technologies (HHT) to trade associates and government agencies and will actively represent HHT’s interests in the development of industry standards and will provide leadership in public policy areas that are of interest to HHT.
What you’ll do:
- Represent HHT in industry groups such as the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA).
- Collaborate with industry peers to develop industry-wide positions on areas of mutual concern and communicate those positions to government agencies.
- Serve as HHT’s primary representative on federal, state and local government-related matters.
- Advise government agencies on the impact of proposed regulations as well as the feasibility of proposed compliance frameworks to develop regulatory frameworks.
- Identify emerging trends, regulations and legislation with the potential to impact HHT’s business and advise key internal stakeholders.
- Shape advocacy priorities in close partnership with HHT senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
What you’re good at:
- Networking and maintaining productive relationships with industry peers and government agency representatives.
- Analyzing proposed policies to determine their impact on business operations.
- Persuasive speaking, consensus building and advocacy.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in government affairs, public policy, public affairs, regulatory compliance, legislative support or a related field.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Familiarity with legislative processes, with the ability to identify and analyze political trends at all levels of government.
- Direct policy experience in energy, sustainability, or liquid and solid combustible fuels is preferred, but not required.
- Experience interacting with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Energy (DoE) officials (and their state-level equivalents) is a strong plus.
- Willing to travel domestically as required to participate in industry association meetings and advocacy efforts. (Less that 10%)
- Willing to learn new technologies and policy areas.
- Willing to represent HHT’s policy positions in industry, government and public forums.
- Able to think critically and work independently.
- Able to articulate rationales and the impact of change.
- Able to develop, sustain, and protect critical relationships.
- Able to drive change internally, in trade associations, and in government action.
- High emotional intelligence with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here: https://www.hnicorp.com/social-responsibility
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI – they are operational imperatives. We value each other’s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here: https://www.hnicorp.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit www.HNIbenefits.com.
We also invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com to learn more!
Our company endeavors to make www.hnicareers.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 563-272-7400 or via email at email@example.com. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).
Job posted: 2022-11-14