Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
The Government Affairs Manager is responsible for supporting legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts across Point32Health’s geographic footprint, with a focus on the Massachusetts market.
Key Responsibilities/Duties – what you will be doing
- Identify and prioritize legislative and regulatory proposals of strategic, financial and operational importance to the organization.
- Develop and communicate Point32Health’s position on priority legislation and regulations. Monitor legislative and regulatory activity. Work with other team members to develop advocacy strategies and communications.
- Maintain internal resources and databases to coordinate positioning and messaging across Point32Health geographic footprint.
- Work with internal business owners to evaluate and understand regulatory and legislative proposals and to develop advocacy positions.
- Communicate and explain Point32Health’s position on proposals to lawmakers, regulators and other health care officials.
- Develop and maintain expert-level of health care policy knowledge and communicate to internal business owners. Serve as a subject matter expert for business leaders and help align government affairs activity with strategic business objectives.
- Perform out-of-the-box thinking, collaborate with others, and make a difference every day!
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications – what you need to perform the job
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Public Health, or J.D., preferred.
- Must possess at least 3 years previous experience working on healthcare policy matters in a health plan, health care system, legislative or regulatory environment. Demonstrated experience with Medicaid products preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in health care policy, research and communicating about business issues to regulators, lawmakers, internal and external audiences.
- Resilient, collaborative, organized, flexible, innovative.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-02-02