Government Affairs Manager
This position provides legislative and policy guidance to the company. Individual represents the company’s interests with the U.S. Congress, the Administration and other organizations relative to legislation and policy.
- Working with senior management to develop and drive Nestlé’spolicies and objectives involving state and federal government affairs and policy.
- Connecting legislative, regulatory and government relationship matters to key business issues and competitive drivers. Analyzing the external environment to anticipate trends in government and policy actions that could impact the company and its business.
- Establishing a positive, credible and influential presence forNestlé with relevant state and federal government authorities.
- Fostering a productive relationship between Nestlé and elected officials by organizing briefings, meetings and other interactions with government officials.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with elected/appointed policy makers, external stakeholder groups and trade associations.
- Represent the company on various policy committees with industry and trade associations.
- Bachelor Degree and minimum five years of professional experience required
- Five to eight years of professional experience working Capitol Hill or trade association/ corporate experience in federal legislative advocacy process strongly preferred
Strong political and legislative experience
Keen understanding of the political campaign/electoral process
Strong communication and advocacy skills
Ability to delve into complex issues
Effective team player and ability to work independently
Demonstrates strong leadership and initiative
Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify necessary resources
Adaptability in an ever-changing environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills with outstanding advocacy skills. Must possess ability to articulate a position concisely
Ability to travel up to 10%
Job posted: 2020-02-11