Government Affairs Manager
A Day in the Life
You will help change the landscape of the small sat industry, be an integral and unique part of a close-knit team of individuals operating in a high energy environment, changing the fundamental fabric of how humanity puts things into space. As a Government Affairs Manager you will be primarily responsible for the development and management of the company’s advocacy efforts relating to regulations. This is a full-time position located in the Washington, DC. metro area.
- Develop and execute on a strategic roadmap for government relations
- Establish and maintain key relationships and actively engage the FAA and other agencies on relevant operational, regulatory and policy issues.
- Lead and represent SpinLaunch at meetings with regulatory agencies and the US Government
- Stay informed on relevant legislative and regulatory developments
- Identify strategic partnerships and funding sources within the US Government
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in government affairs
- Solid understanding of the government landscape and regulatory processes
- Excellent outward and inward facing verbal and written communications
- Exceptional inter-personal relationship building skills
- Driven, highly motivated and relentless
- Capable of working independently away from corporate HQ
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Passion for aerospace
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
SpinLaunch is required by the U.S. Government to comply with various space technology export regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15). More information on ITAR can be found here.
SpinLaunch is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-20