Government Affairs Manager
The Government Affairs Manager will manage PEPSICO governmental affairs, stakeholder relationships and community engagements in support of Public Policy and Government Affairs (PPGA) strategic objectives in the Western US Region.
To accomplish this the incumbent will:
- Monitor, prioritize and provide consultation to the Senior Director on all public policy developments where there may be an impact on PepsiCo Business in California, and key Western US markets; maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues, including lawmakers and staff; articulating positions with lawmakers, trade associations and outside the organization; and communicating with appropriate internal colleagues to understand impacts and help formulate effective responses.
- Develop and implement, with the Senior Director, issue management strategies working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an effective stakeholder outreach program, working with consultants and subject matter experts from across the business, utilizing appropriate PPGA resources and senior executives to strategically engage communities, associations, influencers and public policymakers.
- Maintain a network of relationships with lawmakers, staff, industry representatives and other stakeholders.
- Manage and ensure trade and membership associations are delivering value against PepsiCo’s strategic initiatives and goals.
- Be part of all relevant governmental affairs working for groups with the appropriate trade and membership associations.
- 5+ years in State or local government affairs, public policy, or corporate public affairs experience, with a bachelor degree in a related field.
- Deep understanding of US, California and local government; including structure, key decision-makers and process.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to thrive within a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing corporate-sponsored, community initiatives.
- Works well under pressure with an ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to focus both on detail and the larger picture. Exhibits a high level of critical/strategic thinking. Recalibrates strategies in response to evolving political and policy landscape.
- Exhibits a self-starter mentality. Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a team member.
- Ability to work beyond regular working hours; travel on occasion (50%).
#LI-USARelocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Job posted: 2020-09-21