Government Affairs Manager
Indorama Ventures Integrated Oxides and Derivatives currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic individual with proven capability as a Government Affairs Manager. This position will be based at our office located in The Woodlands, Texas and will report to the Vice President and General Counsel of the organization. The Government Affairs Manager will manage and assist in the direction of Indorama Ventures’ policies and objectives involving local, state, and federal government affairs. The successful candidate will develop, and nurture relationships with government, regulating agencies and all other associated authorities to represent and protect Indorama Ventures’ interests. The Government Affairs Manager will also be involved in the establishment of corporate strategies, policies and plans, which align with government laws, regulations and standards.
What will be expected from you?
- Leads the analysis of proposed legislative actions, determines the potential impact on the organization and develops appropriate responses.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory activities, promotes company market position.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Gathers internal information and prepare periodic, internal reports.
- Attends industry association meetings and initiatives.
- Ability to travel to various manufacturing sites in TX and LA and also to attend frequent events in DC.
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Participates in Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Law, Communications or another relevant area and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in managing a Government Affairs function including the management of internal and external resources and consultants.
- Government experience as congressional aid or in a lobbying firm or law firm.
- Experience with the Federal Election Campaign Act and familiarity with corporate separate segregated funds-SSF (PACs), and analogous State and local campaign contribution laws and regulations.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email and Microsoft.
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills required.
- Excellent writer.
- High social IQ / teamwork.
- Excellent oral communicator.
What can we offer you?
Indorama Ventures Oxides & Derivatives is a leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producer with a diverse range of products in growth markets such as home & personal care, agrochemicals, oilfield technologies, fuel & lube additives and more. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-14