Government Affairs Manager
Full Job Description
Assists the Vice President of Government Affairs in the execution and delivery of the government affairs strategy.
KEY RESPONSIBIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists the Vice President of Government Affairs with lobbying activities by attending legislative sessions, campaign fundraisers, legislative meetings, and maintaining legislative fundraiser records.
- Acts as a liaison between the Association and Philadelphia City Council Members, staff, political campaigns, and other key stakeholders
- Monitors Pittsburgh City Council and impactful legislation
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes legislation and policies that impact the Association’s objectives
- Completes local and state lobbying disclosure and campaign finance reports
- Drafts memos and emails to keep the membership updated.
- Attends Association functions and events.
- Assists with the PAA Government Affairs Committee by preparing agendas & keeping records of meetings
- Assists the Vice President of Government Affairs with the administration of the PAA PAC
- Performs routine office support tasks as required, such as maintaining information on Association website, drafting and editing documents including letters and reports, copying and scanning documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, planning or related area; related graduate degree preferred.
- Travel is required throughout the state of Pennsylvania with some overnight stays.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge helpful but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with legislators, prospects, members, volunteers and community stakeholders
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team in fast-paced, changing environment
- Results-oriented and willingness to be accountability to measurable goals
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations and quality assurance in customer service
Full-time exempt staff member based in the Philadelphia PA area. Seasonal, evening and weekend work required. Please email us your resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-16