Government Affairs Manager
New York Restoration Project
New York, NY
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in government relations and project management, ideally related to urban issues such as environmental justice, sustainability and/or public health.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree in public policy, environmental science, or similar field is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to distill complex messages into clear and cogent communications for multiple audiences.
- Commitment to creative problem solving and collaboration.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet frequent deadlines.
- Confidence managing a diverse portfolio of projects that expand the strategic reach of the organization.
- A deep understanding of NYC Government, both Executive and Legislative branches; First-hand experience with the City’s legislative and budget processes and existing relationships in government is a plus.
- Working proficiency of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Strengthen organizational relationships with elected officials at the City, State, and Federal levels to secure funding and exposure for NYRP.
- Identify city, state and federal funding opportunities, and work closely with other development staff to submit highly competitive proposals.
- Manage contract registration and reporting for all government grants.
- Extend invitations to local elected officials for NYRP public and private events, and regularly keep elected officials apprised of programs and projects in their districts.
- Serve as the main point of contact with NYRP’s lobbyist, working with them to develop weekly meeting agendas, funding strategies, outreach plans, and schedule meetings.
- Initiate opportunities for the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and senior staff to interact with elected officials, and create compelling presentation materials for meetings.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with government representatives.
- Author external communications materials to drive awareness of NYRP’s work and forge new partnerships.
- Manage all organizational monthly and annual lobbying filings with government.
- Manage project budgets, develop contracts, license agreements, and MOUs with government entities.
- Organize community meetings and maintain a system for updating stakeholders on progress.
- Work collaboratively across NYRP and especially with Advancement and Community Engagement.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume by email to HR@nyrp.org.
Job posted: 2020-12-24