Government Affairs Manager
The Government Affairs Manager will be responsible for crafting strategy at the federal level, overseeing political engagement, and lobbying related objectives. The Manager will interface with industry associations and engage in the creation and management of relationships with stakeholder groups and coalitions. In this capacity, the Manager will advocate for the priorities and goals of Inspire Brands.
This position is a field-based opportunity that sits with the Washington D.C. region.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with elected officials and their staff; agency staff; trade association staff; and industry lobbyists in order to advocate effectively for the legislative and regulatory policy goals of the Brand
- Monitor and evaluate proposed legislation – assess impact on the Brand, and engagement strategy
- Develop and manage federal grassroots advocacy campaigns
- Facilitate engagement initiatives i.e., legislator restaurant tours
- Assist with both Dunkin’ and Inspire Brands PAC management and fundraising
- Prepare and present verbal and written status updates on legislative and regulatory developments to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and present position papers to internal stakeholders
- Draft written correspondence to elected officials and government agencies
- Draft government affairs reports and newsletters to franchisees
- Assist with lobbying disclosure compliance requirements for team
- Regular correspondence with Inspire Brands franchisees
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required; Political Science or Communications degree preferred
- Min 5 yrs of experience working in public policy or government affairs and familiarity with the legislative and regulatory process
- In-house, corporate government affairs experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of and experience with public policy, political and campaign advocacy, public affairs programs, and campaign management concepts
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Self-motivated and ability to work proactively and independently, troubleshoot, and work well under pressure
- Posses an understanding of the Federal Election Commission regulations, political campaigns, and rules governing the process
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to build and maintain productive and mutually energizing relationships with key internal and external constituents.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated to manage a large amount of individual responsibility, excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Use effective problem-solving processes and recommend approach/solutions based on knowledge of business priorities, urgency, calendars, etc.; must be anticipatory and proactive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, very detail oriented.
- Ability and willingness to adapt as goals and priorities shift – meet the needs of a fast paced rapidly changing organization.
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes nearly 32,000 Arby’s, Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dunkin’, Jimmy John’s, Rusty Taco and SONIC Drive-In restaurants worldwide.
We’re made up of some of the world’s most iconic restaurant brands, but we’re much more than just a restaurant company. We’re a team of hundreds of thousands who individually and collectively are changing the way people eat, drink and gather around the table. We know that food is much more than a staple—it’s an experience. At Inspire, that’s our purpose: to ignite and nourish flavorful experiences.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-19