Government Affairs Manager
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
When you work at Veyo, you’re helping to solve one of the nation’s growing healthcare challenges — ensuring patients get to and from their medical appointments, safely and on-time. We are using smart design and innovative technology to make patient transportation safer and more connected. In the process, we’re transforming the entire industry.
Professional Summary / Purpose: Veyo is the State’s Non-Emergency Medical Transportation provider for the Medicaid program. Veyo was designed, from the ground up, to be a healthcare ally, using data and technology to cut costs and improve member outcomes. Our full-service technology platform was built for the management of the state’s Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) benefit program. Our network includes transportation modes to serve the broad needs of Medicaid members. Veyo is seeking a dynamic individual with experience in communications and government affairs to join its team in Wisconsin. The Government Affairs Manager will serve as the ambassador for Veyo in Wisconsin with state agencies, elected and appointed officials and the media.
Essential Functions/Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with Director of Operations and corporate staff to develop a public affairs strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant government officials, State Agency, members of the Administration, non-profit and health care leaders
- Identify key policy opportunities and trends and develop strategies to advocate for and promote the company’s positioning
- Create and operate impactful public-private sector partnerships and programs
- Collaborate with internal teams to strategize and organize campaigns and initiatives to promote and inform external stakeholders about Veyo’s platform and planned improvements.
- Act as an ambassador of the Veyo brand. Facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of stakeholders by engaging and sharing the Veyo mission and success stories.
- Working in cooperation with the contract lobbyist and public relations team, serve as the spokesperson for Veyo.
- Work in coordination with the PR and Marketing team to develop messaging as well as execute a media and public relations plan, including crisis communication management.
- Identify, grow, and nurture relationships at all levels with Medicaid members, elected and appointed officials and partner organizations.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Qualified individuals should have experience in communications and government affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience. A degree in public policy, public health, community organizing, communications or political science is preferred.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, plan, organize and carry out multiple assignments to achieve multiple objectives under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about issue policy and politics and translate strategy into action.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Must possess strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, while delivering clear communication of the company’s objectives.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Veyo offers medical, dental, and vision plans for all our full-time employees (and pet insurance!). We also offer a 401(K) program to help you save some dough.
- Sometimes you just need to rewind and recharge. We offer unlimited vacation days for exempt employees and a competitive vacation package for non-exempt employees.
- Company wide wellness events quarterly for friendly competition and chances to win prizes.
- We know how important the right technology can be so we provide what you need to help you get it done
- A passionate, hardworking and caring team dedicated to making patient transportation safer, smarter, and more connected. Let’s change the world together!
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
We’re looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also aren’t scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesn’t know the meaning of “not my job.” We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.
Veyo does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Veyo participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.
Job posted: 2021-07-11