Government Affairs Manager
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As the Government Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for providing support to Micron’s U.S. government and public affairs team and serve as the lead coordinator for team projects. Additionally, you will assist the government affairs team in daily monitoring of political and policy developments, intelligence gathering and conducting analyses as issues emerge and evolve. This role will be responsible for keeping the trains running on time and facilitating the team’s U.S. government engagement. This is a critical position on our government and public affairs team and will play an essential role in advancing Micron’s position as a world technology leader. We are looking for a proactive problem-solver who excels in a fast-paced environment and is ready to jump right in.
This position will report to the Managing Director of Federal Government and Public Affairs and will be based in Washington, D.C.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work across the government affairs team to assist in coordinating meetings, projects, events, and research to advance the team’s strategic objectives
- Conduct research and policy analyses of state and federal legislation and assist in developing Micron’s official responses to government and trade association groups
- Assist the government affairs team with preparation of briefing and presentation materials for executive level meetings with government stakeholders
- Facilitate internal team member policy meetings and other government affairs related activities and events at Micron’s U.S. sites
- Willingness to travel to Micron sites as required to support team needs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, political science, communications, or related field
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Core understanding of national politics and U.S. government processes
- Project management experience and effective relationship-building and collaboration skills
- High-reaching, ambitious and motivated professional with outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Self-starting individual with ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Previous corporate experience preferred
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and
storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in the U.S., Singapore and Malaysia are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-06