Government Affairs Manager
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Represents unit´s interests, monitors relevant legislation process and implements communication activities towards political stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and execute a comprehensive corporate government affairs strategy for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) in the USA and Canada
- Coordinate with business units within the region to identify commercial priorities, providing market intelligence, expanding markets via policy creation, and assisting in the negotiation of public private partnerships
- Collaborate and support the Communication team responsible for the USA and Canada in shaping messaging and Company positioning
- Facilitate consistent dialogue with internal stakeholders to gather and disseminate market intelligence and policy developments, and to leverage internal technical resources to assist in regulatory design efforts
- Lobby on behalf of SGRE for relevant policies at the federal and state level, including but not limited to in-person meetings, legislative testimony, written comments, and stakeholder engagement
- Build institutional relationships
- Align, coordinate, and drive comprehensive energy strategy with 3rd party partners
- Actively support ACP, CanREA, and other trade association memberships, when applicable
- Represent the Company as spokesperson in various thought leadership platforms
- Position reports to US top management and Global Head of Public Affairs
Experience and qualifications:
- 8-10 years’ experience in a senior policy role within the energy sector, with a strong preference for renewable energy experience
- Experience in manufacturing and/or global trade policies a plus
- Experience working with state-level lawmakers and regulators preferred
- Comfort and expertise with public speaking and interactions with the media
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with executive-level colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time required, dependent upon corporate health and safety restrictions related to the global COVID-19 pandemic
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
To learn more about our benefits, click here
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.
Job posted: 2021-10-13