Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
The Government Affairs Manager will be called upon to help implement a number of federal and state energy policy advocacy campaigns, analyze legislation, draft Congressional testimony, advocate on behalf of clients directly with policymakers, develop client-facing materials, and support all other policy work on behalf of clients. Your work will be focused on clean energy and energy efficiency policy issues, including significant client interests in commercial and residential building energy efficiency and electric grid modernization.
This position is based in Washington, DC but successful candidate will work primarily from home.
Duties will include:
- Lead efforts on client activities, working independently or in coordination with other team members.
- Conduct in-depth research, assist with interviews, and support drafting of policy reports, one-pagers, and other proposals and advocacy collateral.
- Identify and monitor legislative and policy issues relative to AnnDyl’s clients and perform research and analysis on federal policy/regulatory opportunities.
- Track advancement of state and federal bills through the legislative process.
- Work in support of client priorities in the annual appropriations process.
- Support engagement efforts with key stakeholders, legislators, committee members and staff to report on, provide insight and/or update on legislation for clients.
- Attend and client meetings, hearings, webinars, and other events as needed.
- Review congressional news sources and prepare client updates.
- Manage the development of comments and testimony on behalf of our clients.
- Support the execution of “lobby day” activities.
- Be available for meetings in Washington, DC in support of client activities (post-COVID) and represent AnnDyl in meetings and at events.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 4+ years working on government activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, capable of working independently and in a team environment. Must be a self-starter.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with often overlapping deadlines while maintaining a high degree of thoroughness and accuracy.
- Good judgement, professionalism, and ability to demonstrate tact and courtesy in dealing with co-workers, clients, and other external stakeholders.
- Proven critical thinking/problem-solving skills and ability to grasp “big picture” concepts as well as granular complexities.
- Experience working on or with Capitol Hill strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Department of Energy, FERC, or the Environmental Protection Agency a plus.
- Experience in energy efficiency or clean energy a plus.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by clicking on the “Apply Now” button at https://www.anndyl.com/join-our-team/?fbclid=IwAR2GUzmctx-LeJD0JZf_mUzTJL53T6Stutio3ujS6QRNYwQ_S_nb0s3u06I
Job posted: 2021-12-20