Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Manager of Government Affairs will interact with local, state, and federal legislative bodies and government agencies to represent and protect the organizations business plans and interests.
May oversee and manage a liaison program between the organization and legislative entities.
· Researches and monitors government activities that could affect the organizations business and clients.
Assists senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
Joins trade associations and industry committees and seeks leadership roles.
Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
· Participates in and plans various company programs to enhance relationship with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
· Performs research and analyzes various regulations at federal and state levels in an organization.
· Prepares summaries and analyzes various legislations and materials obtained from officials and regulatory members.
· Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Strong government contacts at local, state, and federal levels.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Bachelor Degree or above in a relevant field preferred, but all relevant education and experience will be considered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-03