Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
The Community Justice Action Fund (Community Justice), a project of Tides Advocacy, is a nonprofit organization building power for and with communities of color to end gun violence. We were formed by activists and survivors of gun violence to help support and empower communities directly impacted by violence. Community Justice focuses full-time on building power and infrastructure to end gun violence in communities of color. We do this by creating organizing and communications strategies that engage and empower communities that are most impacted by gun violence.
The Community Justice Action Fund is seeking an experienced Government Affairs Manager. This position is responsible for the following:
- Oversee Community Justice relationships with key federal legislators, government agencies and stakeholders that play a role in addressing gun violence.
- Evaluate and assess federal legislation pertaining to violence prevention and provide policy recommendations on relevant policies to Community Justice relationships.
- Support and recruit elected officials for the organization’s Policymakers for Peace network, as well as assist in coordinating events around the program.
- Build and maintain existing strategic partnerships with leading national, state, and local organizations working to influence federal legislation.
- Support state based or grassroots advocacy efforts to influence federal legislation through targeting, toolkits, guidance docs and direct coaching as needed.
- Monitor federal legislation regarding violence prevention.
Please submit a resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2022-04-23