Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
Are you looking to play an influential role in policy impacting health care, home care, behavioral health & long-term care? VNS Health is a leader in the field and in shaping policies that help us provide home and community-based care to over 43,000 people every. Working with key internal and external stakeholders, you would analyze and influence Federal, New York State and New York City policies that impact VNS Health’s mission and business interests. And serve as a key between Government Affairs and VNS Health internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages and advises on VNS Health’s legislative outreach strategy including participating in meetings and events, preparing VNS Health business leaders and subject matter experts, and representing VNS Health.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key government officials and staff (particularly legislative).
- Acts as a liaison between the Government Affairs department and internal stakeholders.
- Identifies and manages grassroots employee engagement opportunities.
- Tracks and analyzes policy changes that impact VNS Health. Makes recommendations, as appropriate.
- Develops content and material for communications to staff, external stakeholders, and elected public officials via written documents, social media posts, etc.
- Maintains VNS Health’s compliance with lobbying regulations. Acts as liaison with outside counsel, Legal and Compliance. Reports on lobbying activities and conducts lobbying compliance training of staff.
- Coordinates activities of VNS Health contract lobbyists.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Health or related discipline preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in politics, government relations or public policy, preferably in New York City government. Proficiency with modern software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, required. Proficiency in Salesforce, grassroots advocacy (Phone2Action) and email marketing applications preferred. Demonstrated strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required. Detail-oriented with strong follow through skills required. Must be team player with a high degree of initiative and professionalism, willing to assist at ‘crunch’ times (before meetings or other important deadlines). Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and courteously with all levels of employees, stakeholders, Congressional officials and staff, and City, State and Federal government officials and staff required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-12