Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
Sustainability is the cornerstone for creating a better future. From electric vehicles and renewable energy sources, to enhancing our everyday lives in phones and watches, batteries power these possibilities. At Cirba Solutions, we help our customers enhance their sustainability programs by supporting their battery recycling efforts. As a globally recognized leader in our field, we set the standards for product and service offerings.
We are a customer-centric company with team members committed to sustainability. We aim to help our customers’ business grow while supporting the environment. The government affairs manager is responsible for tracking all local, state and federal legislative and regulatory policy that intersects with Cirba Solutions core business. This includes providing summary analysis to internal stakeholders on relevant policy issues, partnership opportunities, thought leadership areas and funding opportunities. We focus on executional excellence with an emphasis on problem solving and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitor and track policies and regulations
· Summarize and assist in development of corporate strategy, polices and plans that align with government laws, regulations and standards relevant to the business.
· Summarize communication channels on relevant policy issues across company.
· Identify coalition building opportunities on policy issues
· Develop thought leadership on policy issues working with internal stakeholders, including marketing
· Work with outside agencies as needed on key strategic issues at the state and federal level
· Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
· Introduces legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
· A mission-driven focus with a passion for sustainablility
· Government contacts at local, state, and federal levels
· Knowledge in sustainability and batteries a plus.
· Experience with high-growth companies a plus
· Experience working with lobbyists and other contractors a plus
· Strong analytical skills, including writing memos, PowerPoints, talking points, and briefing memos
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to make linkages between policy and strategic business drivers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Education and Training Requirements
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or related field required
MBA or law degree preferred.
6-8 years professional experience in advocacy or public policy required
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-26