Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company. Driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground, which centers on Innovation, Sustainability and Productivity, the Company provides the strategic direction, R&D capabilities, and investments that enable the success of its five core Brands: Case IH, New Holland Agriculture and STEYR, supplying 360° agriculture applications from machines to implements and the digital technologies that enhance them; and CASE and New Holland Construction Equipment delivering a full lineup of construction products that make the industry more productive. Across a history spanning over two centuries, CNH Industrial has always been a pioneer in its sectors and continues to passionately innovate and drive customer efficiency and success, driven by its purpose of Breaking New Ground. As a truly global company, CNH Industrial’s 35,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world.
We are actively seeking an experienced Government Affairs Manager to be an advocate for CNH Industrial’s interests on a variety of issues such as Agriculture, Construction, Trade, or Tax before members of the U.S. House, Senate, Administration officials, and respective staff members.
This position is located in Washington D.C.
The incumbent may serve as a company-wide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided by providing briefings and timely updates and reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- develop relationships and serve as the liaison with Congress, the Administration, coalitions and industry associations composed of companies with similar interests and viewpoints as on important matters; leveraging them in support of company priorities
- Identify emerging legislative issues/policy trends which could affect corporate objectives.
- Develop long-term relationships and enlist the support of key governmental leaders and staff in pursuit of corporate objectives.
- manage the completion of work assignments and coordinate activities with business unit client groups and other members of the government affairs team.
- establish working relationships with respective business units to identify policy concerns as they relate to business objectives;
- provide advice/counsel to various business units on key issues and political matters;
- represent business unit/enterprise interests before policymakers and be lead advocate for same
- Analyze and evaluate probable impact of initiatives and government activities, alert affected company executives, and develop and implement specific action plans based on a mutual assessment of the issues’ relative importance and impact.
- Develop ideas for regulatory or legislative initiatives that may be beneficial to the company.
- Leverage and coordinate, as appropriate, the political resources of other companies, trade associations, and consortiums to influence matters of common concern and interest.
- Develop materials and arguments relating to the particular to provide corporate executives with background information and to serve as the basis for presentation of corporate views to appropriate government officials.
- Serve as liaison to Embassies in Washington, DC. Work with company and regional managers to develop international sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Washington-based financial institutions, including the US Export-Import Bank, OPIC, US TDA, and USAID to support international business units in project development/presentations.
- Host senior corporate executives, Members of Congress, diplomats at CNH locations and elsewhere.
- Keep abreast of corporate and operating unit plans/business activities and interpret them into useful political priorities.
This role pays from $110,000-$170,000 (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or international affairs
- 7+ years of successful Washington legislative/policy experience.
- Confirmed knowledge of federal legislative and regulatory process.
- Current Washington contacts
- Graduate degree (JD, MBA, Public Policy)
Compensation & Benefits: We offer competitive compensation with multiple benefit (medical/dental/vision) options to meet your individual needs. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include: paid parental leave, life insurance, volunteer time off and much more!
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-20