Government Affairs Manager-Americas
At Rockwell Automation, we are doing things never before possible. By connecting the imaginations of people with the potential of technology, we are helping make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
As Government Affairs Manager-Americas, you will:
Support the work and efforts of the Vice President of Public Affairs by implementing and managing the company’s government affairs work across the Americas (United States, Latin America and Canada). You will advocate before members of Congress, congressional staff, state officials (where we have a major business presence) and executive branch officials to garner support for policies and legislation that align with our strategic business objectives.
This will include:
- Policy Monitoring & Analysis: Providing updates and analysis to internal stakeholders regarding policy development and potential business implications
- Proactive Regulatory Monitoring: Advising on compliance and right to operate
- Relationship building: Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key officials and external stakeholders (e.g., Business Roundtable, National Association of Manufacturers and others, government agencies, etc.)
- Advocacy: Developing and promoting policy positions to influence legislative and regulatory laws (intellectual property, standards, cybersecurity, trade restrictions, etc.) to advance company priorities
- Thought Leadership: Creating opportunities for Rockwell executives to engage with key decision-makers through meetings with senior officials, participation in government-sponsored events and meetings, public speaking events, etc.
- Introducing & Supporting Sales Objectives: Monitoring policy investments, incentives, and other growth opportunities
Here’s what we need from you:
Proven experience leading government affairs. You are a collaborator with new ideas who will:
- Assist the Vice President of Public Affairs, managing legislative and regulatory policy-related issues by developing and/or maintaining (i) briefing notes, (ii) lobbying materials such as position statements, (iii) issues matrix, and (iv) relevant reports and communications materials for both internal and external audiences.
- Identify federal policy proposals that may influence our operations, plans, or its strategic and business objectives.
- Represent Rockwell Automation at legislative and regulatory hearings, conferences, and social events.
- Develop a network of reliable federal-level contacts and decision-influencers.
- Participate in various trade and industry association committees and working groups for various trade and industry associations to achieve favorable policy outcomes including, but not limited, to the Business Roundtable and National Association of Manufacturers.
- Meet formally and informally with members of Congress, congressional staff, and other federal government officials to present Rockwell’s position concerning various federal public policy matters.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Embrace relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels.
- Value working in a team-oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders globally before making key decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Travel required. Global calls and attending events outside normal working hours is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Communications, Public Affairs, or related area is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in federal government relations or as a Congressional staff member or Executive Branch staff is preferred.
- Successful track record in advancing government affairs priorities at a company or organization of similar size and complexity.
- Manufacturing or tech industry experience a plus.
- To effectively work across Latin America, Spanish language skills are highly desired.
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills and the ability to simply and powerfully translate complex concepts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.
Job posted: 2021-11-10