Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager – Grant Writer and Regulatory Strategist
Are you ready to “Change the World?” Does “Succeed as One Team” meet your definition of a key component to an amazing company culture? If “Acting with Integrity” and pursuing “Excellence in All We Do” motivate you to do your best work, then Hyliion may be the right fit for you.
Hyliion is a trailblazing technology company at the forefront of transforming the transportation and energy industries. Our mission is to revolutionize sustainability and transform traditional fleets into more sustainable and efficient operations through advanced electrification and hybridization technologies and through innovative solutions like the KARNO generator, which provides clean electricity for vehicle and stationary power applications. We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Government Affairs Manager to join our team and play a pivotal role in securing grant funding and driving regulatory strategy for our cutting-edge products.
The Government Affairs Manager – Grant Writer and Regulatory Strategist will play a pivotal role in advancing Hyliion’s mission by securing federal and state grants to support the development and deployment of our innovative products. This position requires a proactive and detail-oriented individual who can navigate complex regulatory landscapes, build relationships with state and local regulators, and help drive Hyliion’s regulatory strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grants and Grant Writing
- Research, identify, monitor, and evaluate federal and state grant opportunities that align with Hyliion’s product offerings and goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant information and data needed for grant applications and proactively identifying programs that customers can benefit from.
- Develop persuasive and well-structured grant proposals, ensuring compliance with all application requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of grant opportunities, submissions, and outcomes.
- Become the expert in the company on writing and submitting grants through the various portals and methods used by federal and state programs.
- Relationship Building
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with state and local government officials, regulatory agencies, and industry associations.
- Represent Hyliion in meetings, conferences, and workshops related to transportation electrification and sustainability.
- Collaborate with the Government Affairs team to stay updated on legislative developments and changes that impact our industry.
- Regulatory Strategy
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to formulate and execute regulatory strategies that align with Hyliion’s business objectives.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments at the federal and state levels, assessing their potential impact on our products and operations.
- Provide insights and recommendations to senior management on navigating regulatory challenges and opportunities.
- Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations related to grant applications and regulatory activities.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions, communications, and regulatory submissions for reporting purposes.
- Prepare regular updates and reports for internal teams and leadership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business, Engineering or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Specialized knowledge/Professional Certifications (preferred)
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Business, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience and enjoy technical writing and preference for experience in securing federal and state grants in the transportation or technology sectors.
- Strong understanding of federal and state regulatory processes, with the ability to navigate complex legal and policy frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and persuasively.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills, including the ability to gather and synthesize information from various sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with government officials, industry stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel as required for meetings, conferences, and regulatory engagements.
- Key Attributes and Demonstrable Values include:
- People Centered
- Shared Ownership & Accountability
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- High Integrity
- Ethics & Compliance
- Safety Mentality
This is an exempt level position with a flexible work schedule and ability to maintain work/life balance as required by the role. Additionally, this position typically works in an office environment; and given the nature of our business is exposed to Operations/Warehouses.
- Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 30 pounds.
- Medical Plans, with PPO or HDHP options
- Dental Plans, with buy-up option
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plans, with buy-up options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Long Term Disability, paid for by the company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary Accident Plans
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plans
Hyliion is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job posted: 2023-08-29