Government Affairs Manager (Remote)
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We’re looking for an inspired, talented, and motivated Government Affairs professional to monitor and oversee proposed federal legislation and regulations, and evaluate the impact on Veeva, our products, and customers. In this role, you’ll combine your creativity and skills to advocate for Veeva and to engage with internal teams to understand our product vision and strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Lead discussion of public policy strategy for Veeva’s business, including working with internal teams to plan and develop a federal government strategy to support our mission.
- Review and analyze proposed federal legislation and regulations and develop strategies and messaging to advance Veeva’s mission.
- Advise senior leaders on proposed federal legislative and regulatory changes that impact Veeva’s global business
- Work with and develop a network of connections in the U.S. government and the industry to help shape and influence the legal and regulatory environment.
- Help build a team of internal and external government affairs professionals
- This position is a remote position, but we are looking for someone on the East Coast.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of experience working with the U.S. Federal government
- Strong network of connections in relevant agencies or government offices, think tanks, public interest groups, or technology industry groups
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience within the healthcare or healthcare technology industry
- Familiarity with cloud software technologies and the related federal regulatory and policy environments
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-17