Government Affairs Officer
Engages elected officials and their offices to establish mutually beneficial relationships which will ensure that they “Turn to Travis” as their primary source of financial advocacy. Serves as a public affairs specialist to include advocacy for members and potential members. Collaborates with Manager and Director of Corporate Relations to identify, establish, monitor and report best practices. Serves as Government Affairs Officer for all counties served by TCU and as the liaison to the California Credit Union League to communicate current legislative position and legislative events and forums. Represents the credit union at community and industry related events and promotes credit union products and services.
- PC skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills, self-confidence and the ability to listen effectively and communicate influentially.
- Strong public speaking, organizational and networking skills and the ability to positively interact with the community.
- Thorough understanding of Travis Credit Union products, services, and overall operation and mission and the ability to promote the credit union. Promotes teamwork and works effectively within a basic strategic framework for community relations.
- Requires independent judgment and decision making and the ability to self-directs in managing day to day tasks. Requires attending meetings and events during evenings and weekends.
Education – BA/BS in Political Science, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
Experience – Minimum of 5 years broad based communications/public relations experience, including 3 years experience in media relations. Credit Union or financial institution community relations experience and bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18