Government Affairs and PAC Associate
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for managing the Blue Political Action Committee (PAC) and supporting the Government Affairs team. As PAC manager you will support strengthening PAC membership and employee engagement, PAC strategy evolvement, internal PAC communications, and fundraiser coordination. As a part of Government Affairs support you will assist with policy related projects, legislative issue tracking, federal and state agency interaction, and consultant interfacing and support. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Maintain federal PAC budget
- Develop PAC reports for internal and external use
- Execute Federal Election Commission (FEC) compliance responsibilities
- Political and legislative research
- Event coordination
- Brief executives
- BA or BS is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and strong attention to detail
- Relevant experience with and understanding of the U.S. federal policymaking process and government relations
- Knowledge of the political and legislative process and ability to communicate that creatively to current and prospective PAC members
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Experience with federal campaigns, fundraising and political donations and running a corporate PAC
- Demonstrated work experience with federal elected officials, political parties, companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organizations
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-29