Government Affairs PAC Manager
The Manager supports the U.S. Government Affairs (GA) department with a focus on the compliance and regulatory requirements for the Company’s Political Action Committee (“PAC”) and for federal, state and local lobbying disclosures, as well as the performance of administrative support services for the department. In this role you will be responsible for day-to-day activities of the PAC including grassroots network maintenance, contribution disbursement, Federal Election Commission and state reporting, budgeting, and PAC Board governance. The Manager will work with the Government Affairs team develop and implement internal processes related to PAC regulatory compliance. You will also be tasked with creating and preserving documents and records related to PAC administration. The Manager, additionally, will coordinate the completion of Federal, state, and local lobbying disclosure documents, registration and reporting for the U.S. Government Affairs team. This position will also provide that includes event planning for facility tours and site visits with elected/government officials, industry and regional associations and Siemens leadership.
What are your responsibilities?
- Work directly with the Siemens Government Affairs team on day-to-day operations of the department with a focus on PAC administration and lobbying disclosures.
- Responsibility for all aspects of PAC membership management.
- Lead intake, processing, and distribution of all federal and state disbursements.
- Coordinate with compliance consultant to ensure Federal Election Commission reports and State election commission reports are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage the PAC database and work with outside consultants to maintain data and follow best practices.
- Coordinate with Finance on payroll and payments processing.
- Assist with PAC budget development and support throughout the election cycle.
- Assist with preparation of materials for PAC board meetings and development of meeting minutes and other reports.
- Assist with industry benchmarking and analysis
- Monitors all information flow, including maintaining paper and electronic files
- Prepares presentations, reports, statistical charts, and briefings
- Manage complex calendars while working closely with other executive level admins to ensure efficient flow of information
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested
About the PAC: Siemens Political Action Committee (PAC) is a nonpartisan organization run by employees for employees to advocate for Siemens’ interests and influence policies and outcomes in the U.S. impacting our company’s reputation, financial position and ability to operate.
- 3 to 5 plus years of proven experience with Government Affairs, Government Relations, Industry Trade Association or Political Fund Raising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Business, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related field required; Advanced degree or relevant work experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in PAC Administration, including disbursements and compliance preferred.
- Strong research and project management capabilities. The ability to work independently and cross functionally to run multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates professional judgment and editorial skills.
- Experience in the translation of complex information into engaging and succinct content targeted toward specific audiences.
- Have useful programming and analytical skills for accurate database management.
- Proficiency in multimedia platforms with desire to learn new technologies and platforms.
- Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in internet research with solid understanding of macro-economic and business environment.
- Must be driven by ownership culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility to work remote
- Paid parental leave
Interested applicants can apply here: https://jobs.siemens.com/jobs/250359.
Job posted: 2021-05-03