Government Affairs Policy Director/Lobbyist, Corporate Governance and Trade
Intel is a company of bold and curious inventors and problem solvers who create some of the most astounding technology advancements and experiences in the world. Government relations has never been more important to Intel’s success and Global Government Affairs (GGA) is a pivotal group within Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) focused on a range of urgent policy issues like domestic manufacturing incentives, trade with China, IP protection, and other business-critical priorities.
The Govt. Affairs Policy Director/Lobbyist will direct legislative and executive branch advocacy campaigns to influence corporate governance and trade policy, as well as a range of other policy areas that are essential to Intel’s business. This is a critical role on a fast-growing Government Relations team at the premier U.S. semiconductor firm, shaping high-stakes policy decisions at a pivotal moment for our business and our industry. The Govt. Affairs Policy Director/Lobbyist will advocate with Congressional and Executive branch leaders, shape policies that help Intel win against the competition, and ultimately advance American semiconductor manufacturing and technology leadership.
The Govt. Affairs Policy Director/Lobbyist will create and execute federal lobbying efforts that advance our policy positions and achieve favorable outcomes, with a particular focus on trade and corporate governance:
- Leverage your pre-existing network and the U.S. Government Relations team’s influencer network to advocate for Intel’s positions on critical policy issues at a time of dynamic change for the semiconductor industry
- Articulate a clear, compelling vision for the importance of U.S. domestic semiconductor manufacturing, Intel’s leadership role in the industry, and the federal policies needed to support these priorities
- Lead lobbying efforts on a number of additional policy issues, including int’l trade, digital trade, import/export, and corporate governance issues (e.g. Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance).
- Work with the U.S. Government Relations team to develop and execute Intel’s strategic and tactical responses to pending legislation, regulation, and policy issues, including internal alignment and external engagement with trade associations, relevant third parties, and directly with policymakers
- Build strong relationships with key policymakers and other federal authorities to enhance Intel’s reputation and influence
The ideal candidate will have proven experience lobbying Congressional and Executive branch leaders on trade and corporate governance issues, the ability to conceive and execute high-stakes lobbying campaigns, and a strong executive and legislative background plus an extensive network. In addition, the ideal candidate will also have the following skills:
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct and unquestionable integrity
- Excellent political and business judgment; high degree of discretion; strong analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- At least 5, or more years, of relevant experience with the U.S. federal government; focusing on trade and corporate governance policy, but with ability to work across a broad portfolio of issues
- Broad government relations/policy understanding (internal and external)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- Past experience of lobbying elected officials, policymakers, government agency heads, and trade associations at a government affairs position in industry or other relevant position
- Proven track record of understanding and influencing regulatory and legislative processes, including successful advocacy efforts that achieved favorable policy outcomes
- Advanced degree (e.g., JD, MBA, MA, MPA, MPP) is highly desirable.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-16