Government Affairs Principal, Public Policy-PBM & Pharmacy
Job Summary: Directing PBM & Pharmacy Related Policy Issues
Reporting to the Senior Director of Public Policy for PBM and Drug Pricing Issues this position will help position and drive PBM and pharmacy related drug pricing policy issues to ensure our overall policy solutions drive affordability, sustainability and access for our clients and the system at large. This individual will be a key contributor to Cigna’s Government Affairs Policy Team driving pragmatic policy positioning on the drug/pharmacy issues listed below:
- Pharmacy Issues Related to PBM Supply Chain Including Issues Related to FDA, CDC, HRSA and Applicable Agencies Covering:
- Drug Shortages
- Safety and Resiliency
- ESI Risk Rating Process
- Federal Government Procurement
The position requires candidates to be able to:
- Analyze, define and communicate critical PBM and pharmacy trends in legislative or regulatory environments; identify or predict likely legislative or regulatory outcomes.
- Provide proactive strategic counsel to senior business leadership anticipating legislative and regulatory trends and translating those into actionable business and legislative or regulatory solutions/strategy.
- Study and develop regulatory and legislative responses to proposed rules/laws as defined in the policy position portfolio.
- Partner with business leadership to identify business risks and opportunities in external policy developments.
- Assure philosophical consistency in policy approaches across the enterprise.
- Provide PBM business and client support.
- Respond to Congressional requests.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of policy setting experience in the healthcare field and preferably the PBM space.
- The candidate should have a strong record of working in the policy setting environment such as on a relevant committee on Capitol Hill, in an Administration and/or in a relevant Agency or in-house with a corporation or trade association.
- Knowledge of/experience with health care system and on PBM and pharmacy issues is key to identify issues and develop appropriate policy responses.
- We are looking for someone in the DC area.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-10