Government Affairs Project Manager
National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brands for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications, and political research, in addition to exceptional journalism. Our mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success.
National Journal’s Presentation Center seeks a Policy & Data Visualization Project Manager to join our team of experts producing insight and intelligence on how Washington works.
We analyze, synthesize, and visualize news and information related to policy and politics, publishing content exclusively for senior public policy practitioners and government affairs executives.
Each week, we translate critical information into hundreds of easy-to-edit slides and execute on 40-60 custom requests tailored to clients’ needs.
About our Future Policy & Data Visualization Project Manager:
- You are an experienced research professional, trained in analyzing and distilling complex policy topics and knowledgeable across several areas, from financial regulation to energy issues
- You have a track record of driving projects from conception to execution, exhibiting strong intellectual agility and curiosity, as well as an ability to manage competing priorities in fast-paced environments
- You are skilled at producing visually-oriented, analytically sound research deliverables and can coach others to develop content of the highest quality, willing to “go above and beyond” in service to external clients and internal colleagues
Our Policy & Data Visualization Project Manager:
- Engages with clients to clarify inbound research requests and actively guides content creators to ensure their findings and ideas align to client expectations
- Guides a team of analysts to create high-quality deliverables, managing the flow of work across multiple analysts, ensuring all deliverables meet agreed-upon deadlines and standards
- Manages group capacity and drives group efficiency, offering recommendations on process improvements and skill development; serves as direct manager for 2-4 analysts
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 2-4 years (post-undergraduate) experience conducting research in a professional setting; a highly analytic, natural problem solver
- Outstanding ethic of service, experience interacting with executives; at least 1 year experience managing/developing talent preferred
- Excellent time management and judgment, proficiency managing competing project priorities and adhering to timelines
- Experience synthesizing and visualizing quantitative/qualitative research and data, ability to distill large amounts of information in to concise bullets, charts and graphics
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, experience with mapping and/or visualization software a plus
- Demonstrated interest in public policy and politics with a prior role on Capitol Hill, at a think tank, a public affairs firm, or a similar organization focused on government affairs
Compensation:The salary range for this role is $55,000-$65,000
Remote Status: Remote through the end of 2021 at which point this job will be based in Washington, DC
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-23