Government Affairs and Public Policy Associate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in government and/or public policy.
- Experience with internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, and experience advocating on behalf of tech policy issues.
- Experience managing annual strategic and business planning processes.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with strategic and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to condense complex written materials into concise talking points.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
You will work directly with the Chief of Staff of Google’s Government Affairs & Public Policy function, partner with internal stakeholders on priority projects, and help drive strategic planning. To be effective in this role, you will be an exceptional communicator with a bias to action, an agile and creative problem solver, and able to build strong relationships and collaborate across functions. You will demonstrate the ability to get complex tasks done and drive organizational-wide impact.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Support the company’s leadership and policy team with strategic planning and thought leadership work, aiming to ensure that we are not just following but also leading trends.
- Manage annual strategic and business planning processes in coordination with Finance and other key teams. Help translate the strategy into action by working with global team members and other partners.
- Assist in coordinating with key internal stakeholders and participate in company-wide initiatives that drive global impact.
- Drive the process, which includes working with the team to set the annual and quarterly objectives, key deliverable’s, and manage progress through a regular cadence of tracking meetings.
- Structure and execute analyses required to develop recommendations and communicate findings to the leadership team and the broader organization. Work collaboratively with partners to deliver results.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-19