Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working with or in the various branches, agencies, and institutions of the U.S. government – i.e. the U.S. Congress.
- Experience with Internet technologies and policies.
- Ability to integrate public policy with business strategy and corporate development.
- Outstanding leader and collaborator with drive, determination, and a passion for the Internet.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical, communications, and government-relations skills.
- Commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics, and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. As the Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, you will execute on our policy and legislative goals while developing and preserving long term relationships with members of congress and their staff.
In this role you will have the opportunity to use your excellent analytical and organizational skills and your ability to communicate effectively in person and writing. You will utilize your aptitude for learning and ability to develop and implement creative ideas. You will be managing multiple projects with tight deadlines. You will bring experience working with or in government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), regulatory agencies, or corporate public policy teams, as well as an ability to identify and gather insights and effectively communicate complex technology policy issues.
Google Client Services, an entity within the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team, manages the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy in the United States. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspectives with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the Internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Monitor current and forthcoming policy issues.
- Generate policy positions and frameworks for review by Google’s Policy and Management teams.
- Work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to promote and build support for policy positions.
- Establish and implement strategies to communicate policy positions to key constituencies in the U.S. and worldwide, including: Google users, partners, and customers, the U.S. Congress, federal officials and agencies, policy advocates and the legal community, industry organizations and leaders, treaty organizations, international standards bodies, and other relevant stakeholders and opinion leaders.
- Advance Google’s mission, defend its values, and create new opportunities to make the world a better place.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-19