Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, Administration Outreach
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working with technology policy issues within government, industry, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience working in the White House or Executive Branch.
- Demonstrated leader and collaborator with effective analytical and communications skills.
- Ability to integrate public policy with business strategy and corporate development.
- Familiarity with internet and technology policy.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As the Manager of Administration Outreach on the Federal Affairs team, you’ll design and lead Google’s engagement with the White House and US federal government agencies in support of Google’s public policy agenda. You’ll build trusted relationships with US Executive Branch officials at all levels, and help educate them on Google’s products and policy priorities, while tracking various Administration initiatives and analyzing their potential impact on Google’s business. You will also work closely with other members of the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team to ensure a coordinated approach to these stakeholders.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Serve as a representative of Google before the White House, the Executive Branch, political organizations and related entities.
- Design and execute outreach strategies for federal government officials at all levels, while tracking Administration actions and analyzing their potential impact on Google’s business.
- Develop and lead product-focused initiatives that advance areas of mutual alignment.
- Engage directly with federal officials across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and our users, including technology innovation, national security, free expression, privacy, and intellectual property.
- Work closely with other members of the Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team and across the company to ensure an informed and coordinated approach to these stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-12