Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, Ads Privacy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Experience with public policy issues relating to privacy in digital advertising, including an understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and digital privacy issues.
- Experience working with international teams and driving consensus across multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives.
- Experience working with product managers and engineers.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) Ads Privacy team forges, electrifies, and buttresses the harmonization of our Ads products and government policymakers as well as members of civil society. We provide strategic counsel to Google’s Ads product teams on privacy-related issues in public policy, and lead for Ads privacy related issues in GAPP, combining over-the-horizon assessments, balanced problem-solving, and harmonized execution to achieve results and add value.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Collaborate on the development and advocacy of long-term and immediate public policy strategies for advertising and commerce products that support our global business objectives, enhance user privacy, and drive favorable policy and regulatory outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders to shape Google’s overall position on key policy topics, with a focus on privacy. Advise executives, engineers, product managers, and other internal teams on emerging regulatory and legislative issues.
Manage the creation of written and visual materials advocating these positions.
- Build and manage a network of key executive stakeholders and influencer relationships to help shape a positive policy and regulatory environment and maintain an open Internet. Engage directly with policymakers and key opinion formers to contribute to public and political dialogue.
- Manage policy projects related to user privacy, controversial content, competition and/or cross-industry relations.
Job posted: 2022-09-14