Government Affairs and Public Policy Senior Manager, Europe
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on the aforelisted issues within government, business, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Experience working internationally in Europe.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Experience working with diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders. Experience executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Track record of successfully executing cross-functional projects.
- Knowledge of technology policy issues relevant in the US and Europe.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment and work well as part of a team, demonstrating a sense of humor.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
About this job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions.You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various Campaigns, projects and initiatives.In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction.You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role you’ll help design and lead Google’s engagement with US Government agencies charged with the administration of US foreign policy related to the Europe region, foreign embassies representing Europe countries based in the US, and international institutions based in the US on European issues You will coordinate with other members of the global Government Affairs and Public Policy team and key cross-functional partners to educate US-based policymakers on Google’s global activities.You will also liaise with relevant internationally-focused trade associations, think tanks, and other key opinion-formers most relevant to these institutions and issues.
As Government Affairs and Public Policy Manager, you’ll contribute experience with relevant institutions and policy areas.You have an aptitude for learning and an ability to develop and implement creative ideas with the discipline to manage multiple people and projects with tight deadlines. you will bring experience working with or in relevant agencies, third-party stakeholders, and corporate public policy teams, as well as an ability to identify and gather insights and effectively communicate complex technology policy issues.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges.The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external concerns. areas are increasing broad and encompassing many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Engage directly with policymakers, industry players, and key opinion formers.
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues related to European-US foreign policy.
- Develop and execute policy strategy in a way that benefits Google’s users, our business, and the wider web.
- Coordinate with the global Government Affairs and Public Policy team and cross functional partners to effectively implement Google’s policy priorities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-12