Government Affairs & Public Policy Specialist – Corporate – req11333
Orlando Health is a $3.4 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 2,900 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 20,000 employees who serve more than 112,000 inpatients, more than 2.4 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
Assist the State and Federal Government Affairs & Public Policy Manager with the development of state and federal policy positions, research, information papers, presentations and internal and external reports in order to educate and strengthen critical relationships to Orlando Health including elected officials, agency leaders and all levels of staff in order to mitigate potential negative policy impacts to the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Political Science, Communications, Health Care Administration or closely related field.
Two (2) years in public policy development, government affairs or similar field.
· Research and design policy and regulatory analysis to support state and federal public policy and advocacy efforts.
· Assist with the creation and production of internal research and policy issues aimed at increasing awareness of key internal decision makers.
· Contributes to the development of clear and concise communications to federal and state agencies as well as executives, senior management and key internal stakeholders.
· Manage the creation and production of external research and policy products aimed at influencing key decision makers, the general public, and achieving positive policy outcomes.
· Works alongside the State and Federal Government Affairs & Public Policy Manager with internal areas to define opportunities in which proactive rule development will be sought in order to strengthen the strategy position of Orlando Health.
· Assist the State and Federal Government Affairs & Public Policy Manager with research and policy analysis in preparation for meetings with state and federal policymakers and stakeholders.
· Prepare research and policy summaries for Orlando Health’s state and federal public policy and advocacy team to serve as a spokesperson on public policy issues.
· Participate in the development of Orlando Health’s policy positions, legislative comments and testimony, and recommended policy proposals.
· Assist in the development of the public policy and advocacy team’s agenda with legislative and administrative bodies, business groups and state and federal trade associations.
· Develop relationships, as needed, with appropriate individuals at various state and federal agencies and legislative offices.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders as needed.
· Research and design regulatory analysis to support state and federal public policy and advocacy efforts.
· Develop a tracking system in order to ensure proper internal awareness exists around public policy and regulatory issues to ensure public testimony and comment letter deadlines are met.
· Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-26