Government Affairs and Public Policy Strategist
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
Government Affairs and Public Policy Strategists are critical members of Palantir’s US Government (USG) team. Responsible for representing Palantir’s equities in key policy conversations in the USG, these strategists help Palantir deliver advanced capabilities to America’s most important governmental institutions – from helping our Defense and Intelligence customers keep us safe to helping our Health partners conduct advanced cancer research. Strategist will collaborate with internal engineering and business leads to craft and execute plans on a variety of issues to advance Palantir’s goals. This includes engaging with Members of Congress, Hill staff, and other policy leaders on legislation, drafting white papers, and working with the communications and marketing team to communicate Palantir’s external messages. Importantly, this means knowing who the important stakeholders are, and listening to them to inform your opinion on a given issue.
Strategist will be an Ambassador of Palantir, representing the company at significant events and conferences and would be responsible for communicating what Palantir is and does, the value we bring our customers across the USG, and the important mission of the company. This includes collaborating with strategic think tanks and trade organizations to advance public discourse on key societal debates. Internally, Strategist will know how to articulate and discuss the implications and impact of relevant legislative, regulatory, and political events to Palantir’s business. Finally, Strategist will work with internal teams to refine for a variety of audiences, particularly non-technical users, Palantir’s messaging and demonstrations.
- Work closely with business counterparts to shape outreach and engagements with various stakeholders to drive policy discussions, raise awareness about Palantir’s impact on its customers, and inform strategic debates in Washington, DC.
- Represent Palantir on Capitol Hill, by briefing Members of Congress and their staff on important issues related to technology acquisition, national security, privacy, AI and more.
- Work with Palantir engineers and business leaders to problem solve issues that arise, own the execution of those plans with regards to policy and government outreach, and deliver the right outcomes for the business.
- Anticipate and identify key legislation salient to Palantir, recommend a course of action, and execute the plan with skill and poise.
What We Value
- At least eight years of experience working on policy issues (in the Executive Branch, Capitol Hill, Think Tanks, or Industry trade organizations, etc).
- Ability to conduct quick policy analyses and understand the implications of those policies on Palantir’s business.
- Experience building and managing relationships with key political and policy stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of US Government procurement.
- Ability to think outside of the box and creative in problem solving.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical, environment. This will involve developing deep familiarity with Palantir’s software platforms and how they are used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to convey Palantir’s exceptional technical attributes and value to non-technical audiences.
- We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to diversity,equity, and inclusion. We value candidates who bring a wide range of perspectives and lived experiences to contribute to our community.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12