Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs & Public Relations Director
Caregiver, Inc. is seeking a Government Affairs & Public Relations Director. Caregiver, Inc. is a rapidly growing home care / home health company operating in five states (Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and Georgia). We are a leading provider of services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
The Government Affairs & Public Relations Director will be responsible for advancing Caregiver’s business priorities at the state and federal level. In this capacity, the Government Affairs & Public Relations Director will collaboratively design Caregiver’s government relations strategy, lead the Caregiver legislative and policy advocacy activities, advise senior leadership on government affairs, build key relationships, and manage Caregiver’s public relations. The Government Affairs & Public Relations Director will have significant impact on Caregiver, Inc and will ultimately impact the quality of care for our IDD (intellectual and developmentally disabled) Clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and lead government affairs strategies on the state and federal level. Caregiver’s state priorities are Texas, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, and Georgia.
- Establish and cultivate strong, mature, two-way relationships with Local, State and Federal elected officials and influential local third parties
- Serve as liaison to elected officials, regulatory agencies and community groups
- Provide analysis and advice to senior company executives.
- Present to Senior Management.
- Coordinate company grassroots efforts.
- Coordinate activities of outside lobbyists and consultants by providing them with accurate briefs of issues, advising them of Caregiver’s position and directing their activities.
- Identify government relations opportunities and risks alongside senior business executives.
- Design and deliver the public relations strategy.
- Provide media representation.
- Develop and manage Caregiver’s crisis communication plan.
- Manage social media communication regarding Caregiver, Inc.
- Other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Advanced degree(s) preferred.
Registered as a Lobbyist at the state and federal level preferred
Minimum of 2 years relevant government related experience.
Professional experience in senior government, legislative and/or corporate public relations and/or government affairs roles.
Demonstrate a deep understanding of federal, state and local government organization, activities, operations and legislative and regulatory processes.
Proven expertise in both writing and verbal communication.
Demonstrate a full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Honesty & Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Strategic (Critical) Thinking – Forecasting, strategizing, and implementing strategic plans
- Communication – Superb written/editing and oral communication skills. Formulates the appropriate communication for various audiences.
- Technical Knowledge – Ability to understand legislation, the industry, our business, and translate between the two.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Judgment – Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively influence others.
- Organized – Ability to stay organized with wide variety of information.
- Relationship Building- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to win toward a goal.
Primary Office at Caregiver Support Center in Fort Worth, TX.
Travel ~50% of the time to Washington D.C, and the state capitals in which we operate (Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and Georgia)
There is Great Passion from our 4,500+ Caregiver Team Members for our company’s purpose of supporting our IDD clients in designing, delivering, and managing personalized treatment plans_ to help them lead their best lives_!
Job Type: Full-time
Job posted: 2022-07-25