Government Affairs Rep II
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Rates & Regulatory team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Government Affairs Rep II position!
In this position, the qualified candidate will develop and manage aspects of various initiatives critical to build the business, maintain operations and grow relations with state and federal stakeholders. Candidate will manage and support a wide range of government affairs and public policy issues at the state and federal levels. This includes the research behind, and execution of, strategies that influence federal and state policies and advance PSE’s priorities with governmental entities and trade associations.
Candidate must uphold the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities, which promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Identifies and analyzes current and emerging state and federal policy trends impacting the electric and natural gas industries and utilities
- Works closely with state and federal government relations teammates to provide helpful research and assistance when advancing PSE priorities.
- Supports state and federal government affairs to execute work plans as a member of the public policy team.
- Works in partnership with regulatory affairs team; local government, community engagement, tribal relations and foundation management teams to develop and implement a wide range of programs.
- Participates in and facilitates internal project teams as assigned.
- Represents PSE at stakeholder, association and community-based organizations tables.
- Manages supplemental research in helping to build objective positions and body of evidence.
- Manages various data bases critical to overall department functions, including legislative bill tracking, political campaign work, and other needs.
- Supports the team in managing day to day budget responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 4 years’ experience in government relations, public policy, communications
- Working knowledge of political, community and charitable processes
- Excellent written or verbal communications
- Strong research skills and experience
- Valid WA State Driver’s license
- Demonstrated analytical, advocacy and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work beyond normal working hours as needed
- Experience in the utility industry
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-07