Government Affairs Representative
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. Arizona Public Service is #keepingarizonaon. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. APS is making a long term impact by investing in grid upgrades and advanced technology to meet Customer’s needs.
Government Affairs Representative plan, coordinate and execute actions to insure favorable governmental and public policy affairs with city, county and state agencies, and to liaison with company’s Federal Public Affairs Reps in order to effect favorable public policy decisions as they relate to APS.
What your day would be like:
You are responsible for:
- Lobby State and local elected and non-elected officials to influence governmental action as it may impact the company’s operations.
- Work with the APS business units to achieve favorable outcomes in the development of laws and regulations that may impact the Company.
- Research and analyze local, state, and federal legislation and policy issues.
The kinds of people we want to talk to have done many of the following
- Maintained relationships with lobbyists so that common concerns are understood and conflicts are minimized.
- Developed, reviewed, and analyzed major public policy issues affecting employers efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of three (3) years experience in public affairs arena or government public affairs position, or a related
- Master’s degree and 1-2 years of public affairs experience.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy’s Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, “U.S. Export Control Laws”). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-14