Government Affairs Representative #53532
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy’s Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is looking for a Government Affairs Representative
to join our team.
The Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is an integral part of PSE that partners with internal and external
stakeholder groups to develop beneficial policy solutions. Working closely with PSE’s executives and numerous departments
across the organization, the Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is well-positioned to engage on a wide range
of PSE initiatives.
This role is essential to PSE as it supports public policy objectives at local, state and federal levels by tracking legislation and
regulatory issues, providing department logistics and support, and developing legislative and regulatory analysis and policy
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of political, legislative and regulatory processes; demonstrate attention to
detail; strong written and verbal communication skills; an ability to research and summarize complex topics; and a
demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex tasks and projects within short deadlines.
• Identifies and analyzes current and emerging public policy issues impacting the electric and natural gas utility
– Identifies and monitors legislation of importance to PSE.
– Tracks regulatory activities of various agencies and assists in developing company participation in the regulatory
• Researches proposed legislation, ballot initiatives and laws in other states and identifies stakeholder positions on
public policy issues..
• Prepares relevant documentation/content including testimony, briefings and reports based on research and findings, in
support of director and lobbyists.
• Provides supplementary research in helping to build objective position/body of evidence.
• Maintains PSE’s proprietary bill database. Tracks the introduction of various bills and updates database.
• Coordinates related communications to key stakeholders, management and business partners.
• Tracks department budget.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may
• Understanding of political, legislative and regulatory process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong research skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks or projects at one time.
• Prior experience in government affairs/relations.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment
to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the
Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package
that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits,
401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process,
please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers
Reference Code: 53532_EX_01_P53533
Job posted: 2019-05-06