Government Affairs Senior Staff
PLEASE READ FULL POST BEFORE APPLYING
American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence (American Board) is hiring a Government Affairs Senior Staff Member. American Board serves career changers who want to become teachers by providing a pathway for teacher certification. Currently operating in 14 states, American Board is looking for a team member who will help expand the organization.
American Board’s HQ is located in Atlanta, GA near the Emory Campus. Candidates must live in Georgia to be considered; this is not a remote position.
Applications must be submitted via email; auto-generated applications will not be accepted.
The Government Affairs Senior Staff Member will play a critical role in expanding the organization. This position will travel often, particularly during the legislative session, to meet with State Legislators and work to expand the organization’s presence across the country. Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing partnerships with other education organizations and working closely with State Departments of Education. This position must also have a strong understanding of politics and state political landscapes. Applicants must be self-starters and results-driven. The Government Affairs Senior Staff Member will report directly to American Board’s Executive Director.
Essential Position Functions
· Gathering and interpreting American Board data, writing reports, and making actionable recommendations
· Analysis of each state’s alternative teacher licensure options, determining which state to approach next
· Developing policy briefs, reports, and other collateral to educate school staff, policymakers, and the public on relevant issues
· Establishing and expanding partnerships with school districts and other education organizations
Desired qualifications and skills
· A bachelor’s degree
· Ability to adapt to multiple technology types and platforms
· An eye for layout and design
· Exceptionally motivated and performance-driven
The Government Affairs Senior Staff Member is a full-time position and includes full family health benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience, $85,000+ annually.
To request an interview, please submit a cover letter and resume to Melanie (Executive Director) at email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without a cover letter. Interviews are ongoing.
Job posted: 2021-03-12