Government Affairs Specialist
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
This role is based in Washington, D.C. and will primarily be focused on providing organizational support for the government and industry affairs team in North America. The role will also focus on building the tie between organizational goals and government affairs through internal communications, organizing government affairs events, and participating in internal and external activities that support Bunge’s engagement with governments and stakeholders.
- Provides organizational support for various legislative and other workgroups managed by the Bunge DC office, including managing work plans, creating communications materials, creating agendas, etc.
- Assists in preparing briefing and presentation materials as appropriate.
- Provides office support for D.C. Government Affairs and Industry Affairs office, including administrative duties, expense reporting, interface with Bunge support functions that pertain to office operations, scheduling meetings, and general support for DC staff.
- Works with the Bunge PAC Administrator to analyze PAC data and create presentation materials important to internal Bunge audiences.
- Schedules Capitol Hill visits, prepares appropriate background materials, and assists in executing on stakeholder engagement, political action committee activities, and legislative activities.
- Monitors state and federal legislation, congressional hearings, administration activities, and other events relevant to Bunge’s businesses and reports important developments to Bunge team members.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 2+ years of experience working in government (Congressional or Executive branch), or in government affairs preferred.
- The candidate needs to be very organized, and have a desire to manage administrative functions.
- General knowledge of and interest in the legislative process and politics.
- General ability to manipulate spreadsheets and (with training) data bases and prepare presentation materials.
- The ability to verbally articulate and write about complex issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to learn and use other types of software related to office operations and maintaining PAC and lobbying records.
- Maintains confidentiality as required and supports the core values and mission of the organization.
Travel Requirements: 10% – 15%
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job posted: 2021-10-06