Government Affairs Specialist, West
San Francisco CA, Los Angeles CA, Sacramento CA or Seattle, WA
Gopuff is seeking to hire a dynamic Government Affairs Specialist to support State and Local Government Affairs activities. The Specialist position requires approximately 20% travel and is based in San Francisco CA, Los Angeles CA, Sacramento CA or Seattle, WA. The Specialist will report to the Government Affairs Principal.
- Legislative Advocacy:
- Communicate company priorities to elected officials, regulatory officials and staff and work with communities of jurisdiction to proactively advance Gopuff priorities;
- Maintain and build a network of regulatory contacts at the state and local levels;
- Participate in key trade association and coalition partner policy committees, advocacy efforts and other programs to advocate on behalf of Gopuff’s regulatory priorities.
- Local and Regional Stakeholder Engagement:
- Support Gopuff’s Zoning, Planning and Construction teams with getting sites to launch on schedule;
- Own outreach and develop relationships with local economic developers;
- Build coalitions with regional and local government and non-government stakeholders and educate them on Gopuff’s business and community impact.
- Legislative / Regulatory Management:
- Support the Government Affairs Team in managing Gopuff’s legislative and regulatory agenda before the multiple jurisdictions across the U.S.;
- Track legislation and regulatory process and regularly update internal business partners as to impacts on positions and priorities.
- Political Operations:
- Support the Corporate Affairs team’s political outreach efforts;
- Support the development of grassroots and grasstops strategies to further legislative priorities and stakeholder engagement;
- Support the administration, planning and execution of stakeholder events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Minimum three years of government affairs experience;
- Ability to travel 20% or more regionally and/or nationally;
- Quick learner who is comfortable in fast-paced environments.
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers…the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic or status. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEO Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-05