Government Communications Manager
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Government Communications Manager to join our team in Herndon, VA or Westminster, CO. This role can also work remotely. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the business to deliver clear and compelling communications through a broad range of mediums and channels.
- Create, plan, and execute communications plans and provide tactical public relations support in support of strategic business priorities and crisis situations, and communications intended to reach congressional decision makers and influencers
- Write and manage internal/external approvals for press releases, use cases, blogs, statements, talking points, presentations and op-eds
- Proactively pitch media for earned coverage on compelling Maxar stories and maintain fruitful relationships with key reporters, including preparation and coordination of media interviews and timely response to media inquiries
- Ensure appropriate and timely response to media under tight deadlines
- Support media events and related communications campaigns
- Prepare Maxar spokespeople for key interviews and speaking engagements, including media backgrounders, coaching and talking points
- Review and approve various external and internal assets for messaging accuracy and consistency
- Work cross-functionally to lead strategic and tactical workflows for Maxar’s Government conference portfolio, including identifying, planning for and sponsoring key events and securing speaking opportunities for Maxar experts
- Monitor and understand industry news cycles and make recommendations on potential opportunities and topics to avoid.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a relevant field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Proven experience in public relations, ideally in aerospace, intelligence or a related industry
- Experience as a media spokesperson
- Demonstrated success with media metrics and KPI’s tied to business objectives
- Experience working on a cross functional marketing and communications team environment (maybe even matrixed with corporate to ensure consistency with corp brand messages)
- Success in pitching and placing pieces in trade and consumer media
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Impeccable writing skills and experience in tailoring messaging for multiple audiences
- Ability to distill complicated aerospace and defense capabilities into easily consumed marketing communications
- Proactive approach in resolving challenges
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience working with U.S. civil government space entities, including NASA and NOAA
- Familiarity with the aerospace and geospatial landscape
- Passion for space and/or GEOINT
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2020-11-03