Government and Community Affairs Manager
Who we are
Eaze is a cannabis software platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Eaze uses a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
Do you have a policy and community affairs background, and want to use that expertise to shape the future of the cannabis industry? Are you creative and like to think on your feet? If so, then this role is for you.
If you choose to accept this mission, you will be responsible for working with elected officials and third parties across the country, advocating for Eaze’s policy positions as new legislation is being proposed, and building relationships throughout the ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with community organizing, campaign management as well as involvement in state and local policymaking. This role will report to the Director of Government Affairs and Community Affairs
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally to develop government community affairs strategies in support of on-demand cannabis delivery
- Educate policymakers and their staff about the benefits of Eaze, publicly testify on proposed legislation
- Build a coalition of diverse supporters by managing relationships with partner organizations
- Create scalable rapid response and long-term grassroots engagement strategies at state and local levels
- Redline proposed legislation to further Eaze’s business objectives
- Plan and staff policy advocacy events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, and meetups
- Foster key relationships and amplify voices across the Eaze ecosystem to highlight economic, industry, and community impact
- Manage a team of consultants in the field
Who you are
- 5+ years experience government relations and field organizing experience at a government entity, public affairs firm, or technology company
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing an advocacy campaign in a quickly evolving industry
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing campaign volunteers
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
- Travel as needed — if there is a fire, you go and put it out
Why you should join
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs – which for so many years has been used to incarcerate people of color on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it’s through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. Minorities, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are encouraged to apply!
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-28