Government & Community Affairs Manager
This job represents the company to enhance the corporation’s leadership, image, reputation, and community involvement. The incumbent will work with non-profit organizations with regard to sponsorships, grant-making, volunteerism, and special community programs. Meets with agencies and organizations to assess their funding needs and volunteer opportunities. Designs, implements and manages volunteer and community programs. Implements and manages multiple programs and events that support the company’s business and community missions. This position also requires a high level of visibility in counties at community events and on-site visits to local nonprofit organizations and potential partners. Responsible for direct communication and lobbying of members of Congress and state and local legislators on public policy issues impacting the company to ensure positive legislative outcomes. Reviews and analyzes state and federal legislation and regulations. Prepares public policy issue briefs and will coordinate grassroots advocacy efforts.
- Communicate with key federal and state governmental agency officials and legislators.
- Review and analyze and report all Health Plan impacting state and/or federal bills to determine the impact on the corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Attend meetings/events with community leaders, non-profit organizations and potential funding partners. Manage special events, programs and corporate employee engagement activities and special corporate initiatives.
- Review, evaluate, and execute sponsorship and grant funding requests and presents funding recommendations at staff meetings based on the Organization’s strategic direction and business needs. Serve as a representative in the community.
- Design, implement and manage all phases of the program lifecycle for the Organization’s programs and events, including setting goals, defining tasks and times, managing implementation according to plan and within budget.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of policies, positions and objectives on key issues affecting the healthcare industry.
- Participate in direct communication with and lobbying of members of state legislatures in conjunction with designated Plan lobbyist regarding issues relating to the corporation’s business interests.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years in Government Affairs OR Lobbying
- 3 years with Non-Profits
- 3 years in the Health Care industry
- 3 years with External Relations
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- In-depth knowledge of insurance and health regulatory agencies and state and federal legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to work independently
- Lobbying and/or non-profit navigation
Language (Other than English):
25% – 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-30