Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government and Community Relations Chief of Staff
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Government Relations, Public Policy, and Social Impact (“GR”) department seeks a chief of staff to serve as chief operations advisor and Strategy Manager for the senior vice president (SVP). The role will also involve implementing policy objectives, strategies, and operating plans for the department, plus coordinating activities, programs, and initiatives. This manager/chief would ideally have US Capitol Hill experience, though it isn’t required. (This role is a chief of staff, though the official Affirm title is Strategy Manager.)
What You’ll Do
- Supervise the GR department operationally, setting and monitoring office goals, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate the efforts of all employees, including the policy, social impact, and merchant diversity staff and consultants
- Act as the SVP’s principal liaison and representative with internal collaborators
- Monitor and update the department budget & cross-functional business units
- Maintain schedule and scheduling for department
- Be timely with goals, detailed, and okay with a flexible schedule that can variably involve long hours, nights, or weekends
- Contribute to or lead other projects and initiatives, as requested by the SVP
What We Look For
- Strong experience in people management and organizational leadership
- Substantive knowledge in US legislative process and rules
- An understanding of local, state, and US federal agencies and departments
- Experience with social impact programs and philanthropic organizations
- Experience contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of common office policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with the SVP, department team, cross-functional corporate staff, and external partners
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-21