Government & Community Relations Manager, East Coast
Pacaso is on a mission to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. We have modernized the generations-old practices of DIY co-ownership by creating a smart, tech-enabled way to buy and own a second home.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $90 million in equity financing and achieved unicorn status (valued at $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. Pacaso is building an intentionally-distributed workforce with Crew members across the U.S. Pacaso has been featured by The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more. www.pacaso.com
About the Role:
Pacaso is a high-growth, fast-paced startup and successful navigation of the policy landscape is critically important for scaling our business. Reporting to the Director of Government & Community Relations, you will have a unique and high-impact opportunity to drive forward Pacaso’s advocacy and community engagement objectives in key second home markets in the East coast. This is a remote position.
In this role, you will be responsible for representing Pacaso and building and nurturing a wide spectrum of government and community relationships. You will develop and leverage a deep understanding of the local housing market and policy nuances to drive advocacy strategies that meet Pacaso’s objectives. You are an energetic and versatile team player that can flex your skills in relationship building, public speaking, writing, and analysis with agility.
What you’ll do:
- Build, maintain and nurture relationships with local elected city and county officials, regulators, and community leaders in Pacaso’s key markets.
- Secure and develop opportunities (ex: events, panels, sponsorship opportunities) to inform and educate local communities about Pacaso; represent Pacaso at key local events.
- Work in lockstep with the Director of Government & Community Relations to build advocacy strategies that meet Pacaso’s business objectives.
- Draft written communication pieces, such as blog posts, letters of support, presentations, memos, one-pagers, website content, and other materials explaining policy and other issues of importance.
- Analyze local and state laws and monitor legislation relevant to Pacaso.
- Conduct data analysis to support Pacaso’s policy positions.
- Work cross-functionally with other Pacaso teams to develop and implement strategies to support positive neighbor relations.
You’d be a great fit if you are:
- Minimum of 5+ years of government, government affairs, public affairs, policy analysis, non-profit or other advocacy experience.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, with an ability to translate complex issues into clear and compelling prose.
- Strong ability to analyze data from a wide variety of sources into concise, actionable insights and recommendations.
- A self-starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- High energy, positive, have a professional attitude and take pride in each work product.
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, capable of dealing with ambiguity.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time along the East coast.
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our …
- Amazing purpose-driven team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend.
- Company-sponsored meetups.
- Opportunities to stay and experience a Pacaso!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-10