Government & Community Relations Manager
San Francisco, CA
On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Government Affairs Manager, the Government and Community Relations Manager (GCRM) is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key community and government constituents in a specific region in order to promote On Lok’s visibility and enhance leadership. The GCRM actively engages with community stakeholders and provides timely analysis to internal stakeholders of environmental developments to maximize the effectiveness of On Lok’s work with older adults and support On Lok’s engagement at the local level.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent On Lok at local and regional meetings, hosted by various public and private organizations, to enhance On Lok’s visibility and give On Lok a voice in reviewing new developments and influencing policy agenda.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with key community and government partners, key referral sources and other constituents. When possible, act as community resource and hold active positions on committees and work groups relevant to reaching organizational goals.
- Enhance On Lok’s visibility with local elected officials and their staff, particularly the Mayor’s office and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, by coordinating meetings and related activities. Respond to inquiries from offices of local governmental officials as needed.
- Understand and navigate the intricacies of the healthcare community, associations, local government, and social service environment. Maintain a high level of awareness of environment trends (payor, provider, and competitor).
- Identify strategically important referral sources (e.g., senior health organizations, senior agencies, health care providers and clinicians) and link those sources with the appropriate departments within On Lok to increase participation in On Lok programs.
- Develop and maintain the internal relationships with On Lok leadership, program operations, including On Lok’s 30th Street Senior Center, marketing and development teams to ensure efforts are interwoven and united. Partner closely with internal teams on outreach events, public relations opportunities, etc.
- Develop and maintain systems to track participation of On Lok staff in city and county-level policy and planning activities and disseminate relevant information to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor information released through a variety of media and other news sources to identify significant county-level activities in managed care, home and community-based health and long-term care.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and partnerships with key health care and community leaders to develop new programming and generate new partnerships. Connect them to On Lok leadership and track the maintenance of these relationships.
- Analyze data, prepare reports and evaluate the effectiveness of government and community relationships activities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- All other reasonably related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Graduate of an accredited college. Master’s degree preferred in political science, public policy, public health, communications or a related field.
- At least five years diversified experience in communications, public policy, or marketing, preferably in a nonprofit health care organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled facilitator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in working with health care agencies and public officials, both appointed and elected, involved in health care affairs. Non-profit advocacy experience preferred.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others in a matrix environment.
- Excellent judgment and high integrity.
- Skilled in use and business computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, CRM systems).
- Based in San Francisco; this position requires local travel.
On Lok’s Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Submit your resume in one of the following ways:
Click Here to see job postings and submit your resume
Job posted: 2019-08-11