Government & External Affairs Manager
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Under the direction of the Director, Government and External Affairs, the Government & External Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with elected officials and other important external constituents within his/her territory. This position will serve as a point of contact for state legislators, executive branch decision-makers, local elected/appointed officials, and other key policy-makers in current states and expansion markets. The incumbent will represent AmeriHealth Caritas at legislative hearings, national affinity group events, and trade association meetings.
- Serve as the primary government relations representative in assigned existing/expansion-opportunity states across the nation.
- Supports the legislative and regulatory priorities for AmeriHealth Caritas and apprises the Market President, Government Relations, Public Policy, and Market Development teams of emerging issues.
- Engages in the direct lobbying of key decision-makers and conducts research on pending legislation.
- Function as the primary point of contact for state legislators, executive branch decision-makers, local elected/appointed officials, and other key policy-makers.
- Participates in the interviewing and contracting consultants for hiring.
- Support department initiatives as directed including a departmental strategic plan and assist in the execution of key priorities included in that plan.
- Formulate comprehensive weekly/quarterly departmental reports which articulate the overall departmental accomplishments and future priorities.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key decision makers across the enterprise to ensure alignment with business priorities and challenges. Proactively provides recommendations for innovative solutions that will address business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels in various forums.
- Experience working with external stakeholders and relationship building.
- Preferred degree in Political Science, Public Policy or Government.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 5-10 years Health care industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Internet required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-11