Government and External Relations Manager
About the team
Government Relations, part Corporate Relations, is a diverse team of skilled professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collaborative environment within a fast paced business at the intersection of tech and real estate.
About the role
We are looking for a creative and engaging government relations professional to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Federal Government Relations, you will take ownership of Zillow Group’s recently created Political Action Committee (PAC), grow participation in trade and industry groups, and broaden the company’s presence in Washington, DC. If you’re passionate about the chance to build a government relations function and PAC from the ground up, we want to hear from you!
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the operation and growth of ZG PAC, strengthening employee engagement and PAC membership.
- Develop a PAC fundraising strategy and communications plan to educate eligible employees about the political process and contribution decisions at the federal, state and local level.
- Prepare and coordinate PAC budgets, facilitate candidate contributions and political event schedules, develop PAC communications and programs, execute Federal Election Commission (FEC) and relevant state compliance responsibilities, and recruit and train PAC Ambassadors across the company.
- Grow involvement with relevant industry partners and trade associations to promote issues important to the company.
- Broaden brand awareness by attending events and working to cultivate and maintain effective relationships with key constituencies.
- Educate candidates and policymakers about our business and policy priorities, including the management of office site visits.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in government, government relations, fundraising, campaigns or political affairs. Experience leading a corporate PAC is a plus.
- Knowledge of the political and legislative process with an ability to map political and policy decisions to company objectives and communicate with non-political audiences
- Bipartisan orientation, with a desire to work with employees and policymakers from across the ideological spectrum
- Self-starter with consistent track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across organization and culture.
- Ability to quickly adapt in an environment of constant change and company growth
- Utmost attention to detail, ability to move fast, multi-task and follow through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25% to Zillow Group offices
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle – for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-01-17